Krista Paige Munkres
BS Psy, PGrad, Dip Psy
Krista Munkres is a registered psychologist in Perth, Western Australia. She specialises in psychological counselling, and creative therapies for individuals, children, and families.
Krista draws from the following therapeutic models to deliver her own holistic and eclectic therapeutic approach: Models of attachment/attachment theory, neurobiology and developmental trauma, Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT), mindfulness-based therapies, Dyadic Developmental Psychotherapy (DDP), somatic and sensorimotor techniques, expressive therapies (including play, art and dance), Theraplay, trauma-sensitive yoga and narrative therapy.
Her professional interests include: childhood development, impacts of complex trauma and attachment disruptions. Krista also offers supervision and training to professionals.
- Colorado State University (Colorado, USA) – Bachelor of Science, Psychology
- Murdoch University (Western Australia, Australia) – Postgraduate Diploma, Psychology
Certifications and Training
- Dyadic Developmental Psychotherapy (DDP) – Level 1 & 2
- Somatic Experiencing Level 1
- Theraplay Level 1
- ‘TeamUp’ Registered Triad Facilitator
- Life Story Work Training
- 200 hr Yoga Teacher Training
- Zenergy Kids Yoga Teacher Training (Foundations)
- Therapeutic Crisis Intervention
- Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency- PSY0001800292